Bootstrap Slider
 
Objects
 
  Explore a wide range of Post-Medieval Objects discovered in the North Pennines. Objects date from the Union of the Crowns in
1603, through the Napolionic Wars in Europe, to the death of Queen Victoria in 1901
           
 
  Plenmeller Halt (Historic Photo)
Description: Railway halt at Plenmeller, built in 1919
Original Location: Private collection

View Record
  Plenmeller Halt
   
       
 

Killhope Wheel
Description: A waterwheel located at the North of England Lead Mining Museum, Killhope, Weardale
Original Location: W.B. Lead’s Bracken Hill site in Allendale

View Record


  Killhope Wheel
   
         
  Sounding Board
Description: Oak sounding board from above a pulpit used to amplify the preacher’s voice for the benefit of the congregation
Original Location: St Thomas' Church, Stanhope

View Record
  Plenmeller Halt
       
  Mayor Family Tombstone
Description: A family tombstone commissioned by Ann 'Nanny' Mayor - the first independenty work of James Graham Lough, the son of a local blacksmith who became one of the most eminent Victorian sculptors.
Original Location: Muggleswick

View Record
  Plenmeller Halt
  Shepherds Guide
Description: The first edition of The Shepherds Guide created to assist in the recovery of stray sheep on the open moors of the north of England.
Original Location: Printed in Barnard Castle

View Record
  Plenmeller Halt
       
  Horse Whimsey
Description: Horse whimsey installed underground in 1818 to uphaul ore and spoil at a lead mine near Frosterley
Original Location: Frosterley, Weardale

View Record
  Horse Whimsey
         
       
   
       
         
     
         
         
  View Previous Page | Back to Objects Menu | Top of Page ^    
         

Home History Objects Outreach Blog About us Links Contact us North Pennines AONB Weardale Museum Add to Favorites/BookmarkThe Archaeological Practice Ltd. Twitter Page Email us Print this page NPVM Facebook Group Page Heritage Lottery Fund Landscapes for life Email: info@npvm.org.uk